Mutual Aid needs help for Queen Elizabeth Hospital
*DONATIONS FOR QUEEN ELIZABETH HOSPITAL @ THE EQUITABLE OPEN FROM TOMORROW* ❤️
Cor blimey! A crazy day organising everything but we are happy to announce we will open doors *TOMORROW* at Woolwich Equitable (30 sec walk from DLR station) to start receiving well needed supplies for the Queen Elizabeth Hospital. Details below:
Address: Woolwich Equitable, Gordon Pl, Woolwich, London SE18 6AB
Days: Tuesday to Friday this week, Monday-Wednesday next week (we will be assessing the need to stay open after the allocated drop off time on Wednesday 15th)
I'd like to say a huge thank you to Connor at Tesco, Smita and Simon at Sainsbury's and Karen at Iceland Foods (all central Woolwich) for very kindly kicking things off by donating the following items:
2x Hand towels
3x Single Duvets
2x Pillow cases
2x Shower gels
12x Packs of Sanitary Towels
4x Face cloths
14x Tins of non-perishable foods
Amazing start! Thank you all so much ❤️🎉
If people could please organise (amongst maybe streets/blocks of flats) so that *1 PERSON* brings down a combined delivery of donations that would be amazing. We'd like as little people as possible turning up at one time.
There will be signage as you enter the pub, *please make sure to follow the 2 metre social distancing rules.*
Please wash your hands before handling items. We will be disinfecting everything on arrival, however, if you have means to disinfect items at home, please do.
LIST OF URGENTLY NEEDED SUPPLIES FOR QE:
- *SEALED AND PACKAGED* (for infection control purposes): *Mattresses and duvets* - anything opened will be turned away, the hospital will not accept it
- *NEW AND UNUSED* (preferably with tags and/or labels on): *Blankets and towels* - again, for infection control purposes, please wash your hands before handling the item and then tie up in a plastic bag. We will check them on arrival and then seal the bags with cello tape.
- *Hygiene products* of any kind will go a long way
- *Food provisions* - dry goods/canned goods are always best so that they can be stored for longer
- *Drinks* - canned/bottled etc
- *Books* that are in good condition - to help set up a mini 'take one and trade one library'
If you have any questions please email *firstname.lastname@example.org*
PLEASE SHARE - thank you so much. We look forward to seeing you all this week 🙂