How we have a role to play
We know that most of you are sick of this virus already but we need to make you aware of facts and ways that you can help your communities.
1. We are not health experts and do not claim to be. We advise you to check for updates regarding the Covid-19 virus via https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
For Medical Advice: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
People may experience:
Difficulty breathing (severe cases)
ALWAYS FOLLOW THE ADVICE TO SELF ISOLATE FOR 14 DAYS EVERYONE IN THE HOUSEHOLD.
2. Be Kind - there have been reports on social media of people being anxious about the situation and not respecting the needs of others and vulnerable groups.
For example: trying to get into Iceland whilst they have provided the elderly with a time to go and shop safely. This is an amazing initiative and kind. We would like to remind you that just two hours a week the elderly should be able to do that without prejudice and abuse. The other approx 58 hours a week are all yours.
3. It’s important to make sure the vulnerable and self isolating people in our community are ok - maybe develop a phone tree within your area to check on them. PLEASE DO NOT PUT THE HEALTH OF YOURSELF OR OTHERS AT RISK
4. There is an increase on scammers in our community - be mindful of this
5. We are all human and deserve the respect to each other. We as a community are taking every day as it comes. The message we get is changing everyday it seems so we need to be resilient.
The council have or are putting in place a plan to recruit and activate an army of volunteers. Whilst they are working this out, please be mindful of what you are able to do. To sign up - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdOxKGTsLqSgM8fPTUE8dY0IoMDFLPo-HJ9EH110HZuNJsnZA/viewform
The council are also providing daily updates- sign up here https://www.royalgreenwich.gov.uk/newsletter
We know this is a lot of information but Greenwich Watch are here to support our community and we will try our best to provide that support.
Please also look for updates on www.ourwatch.org.uk
Greenwich Neighbourhood Watch Network Team